FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, contact Anne West
Tel: (424) 204-6133 Fax: (310) 362-8845
Los Angeles, January 6, 2004 – During the last few weeks, making new year resolutions has been a national pastime. Unfortunately, so will quickly failing to achieve these heartfelt aspirations.
So what really happens to disappoint and frustrate millions of new year resolution makers? How do we sabotage ourselves? What would it take to reflect Optimal Thinking in every goal we set…so 90+%, even 100%, of our new year resolutions succeed?
Learn the answers by interviewing Rosalene Glickman, Ph.D. the world’s authority on Optimization, and author of the critically acclaimed best-selling book OPTIMAL THINKING. She’ll discuss how suboptimal thinking creates self-sabotage and dooms our best intentions. And she’ll reveal how to function at your peak by employing the simple language of your best self: Optimal Thinking.
Dr. Glickman will explain the importance of:
* Transforming a “should” to a “must” in order to achieve your goals.
* Recognizing how every situation, even a disaster, provides an opportunity to be your best.
* Knowing that all you have, or will ever have, is the present moment.
* Accepting what’s out of your control, while optimizing what’s within your control.
* Examining the past year. What worked and didn’t work for you? Why didn’t you achieve what you wanted? Which expectations were unrealistic?
* Uncovering and eliminating self-limiting core beliefs.
* Defining what is supremely important to you for the new year…and the most constructive actions you need to take.
Rosalene Glickman, Ph.D.is the author of Optimal Thinking, hailed by academia and the media as “the successor to positive thinking” and “the motivator of peak performance.”
Dr. Glickman is President of The World Academy of Personal Development Inc., a Beverly Hills, California training and consulting firm. Her clients include the U.S. Army, Johnson & Johnson, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Warner Bros., Mercedes-Benz, California State University, Fullerton, Mensa, National Australia Bank, and Mary Kay Cosmetics.
Born in Australia, Dr. Glickman lives in Los Angeles. She has been repeatedly honored by the media as “Australia’s Most Successful Woman.” Dr. Glickman is the recipient of the “Woman of the Year” award for National Business Women’s Week in Hollywood. She has also been nominated for special recognition by Queen Elizabeth II for Australia’s highest award, The Order of Australia. This Optimal woman is a seasoned print a nd electronic media interviewee. Dr. Glickman has earned a Ph.D. in Psychology, a Teaching diploma and a degree in Business Administration.
Optimal Thinking: How to Be Your Best Self
By Rosalene Glickman, Ph.D.
John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Dr. Glickman is currently available for media interviews.