Do you wonder why people don’t achieve their new year resolutions? Many people disappoint themselves when they fail to accomplish their new year resolutions. When we believe that we don’t deserve the best in life or that we can’t have the best in life, we form habits that don’t support our best interests. We indulge in instant gratification, set unrealistic goals, fail to plan, create plans that have a low probability of success, and make other choices that sabotage our best intentions.
1. Recognize that all you have and all you’ll ever have is the ever present moment. Do you want to squander it, be present, use it to improve your life, or do you want to make the most of it? If you want to make the most of the present moment, you will need to master consistent Optimal Thinking.
2. Make the choice to be your highest and best self, regardless of the circumstances. Recognize that every situation — even a disaster — provides an opportunity to be your best. Get to know your best self intimately! Place your best self in charge of your life by answering questions like:
3. Accept what is out of your control. When you dwell on what is out of your control, you squander your energy and your life. Make sure you reserve your energy for its highest and greatest use.
4. Optimize what is within your control by employing the language of your highest and best self: Optimal Thinking. Make the best of the present moment and this year by asking questions like:
5. Examine the past year by yourself, with a trusted friend, or with an Optimal Thinking life coach by answering questions like:
6. Make decisions when your heart and mind are in agreement. Choose the best then put your issues to rest. Use the three-step strategy for personal optimization:
i) Consciously choose Optimal Thinking.
ii) Monitor yourself.
iii) Eliminate your self-limiting core beliefs.
When you overcome your self-limiting core beliefs, you have the foundation to travel on your best track and create your best life.
7. Create your SUPREME Plan. Make sure the prize is worth the price and serves your best interests, then put your best self in charge as you take action. Take achievable steps, and reward yourself each time you reach predetermined milestones.