Executive coaching for the President? During the 2008 Presidential race, pundits and ordinary citizens questioned Barack Obama’s executive experience. Yesterday, an overwhelming majority of citizens showed their displeasure by voting his team out of their majority position in the House of Representatives and limiting their capabilities in the Senate.
During the past months, most Americans have thought about the President’s leadership competence. Every day citizens have also questioned the leadership competence of the politicians who have been elected to represent them in Washington.
Are you willing to evaluate President Obama’s leadership competence on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is inadequate and 10 is optimal for the following leadership characteristics*? If you believe that the President would benefit from Optimal Thinking Executive Coaching, can you provide your reasons? Would you invest in him? If so, why? If not, why not?
Rate Barack Obama’s Leadership Competence
1. Acts with integrity
2. Demonstrates consistency
3. Inspires trust
4. Uses humor
5. Accepts mistakes and corrects them
6. Embraces and optimizes change
7. Demonstrates resilience
8. Promotes initiative
9. Exercises prudent risk taking
10. Encourages innovative action
11. Inspires flexibility and honest feedback
12. Promotes collaboration in the workplace
13. Optimizes decision-making
14. Resolves conflict
15. Acknowledges and respects intuitive insights
16. Integrates intuition with Optimal Thinking
17. Overcomes obstacles
18. Optimizes resources
* Excerpted from Optimal Thinking: How to Be Your Best Self (Wiley 7th printing and in 17 languages)