The World Academy of Personal Development Inc. and OptimalThinking.com (“Owner” both jointly and individually) does not collect personal information about you except when knowingly provided by you. Owner may however, use or provide to third parties, statistics about members, traffic patterns and related site information but these will not personally identify you. By responding to any request for personal information, you agree that Owner may use and provide to third parties the information that you provide in order to provide you with information about relevant products and services.
If you do not wish to receive email or other correspondence related to Owner’s or third parties’ promotions or products, simply indicate your preference when you are asked to provide the information or contact Owner at https://www.optimalthinking.com/contact/. Specifically, if you prefer NOT to have information collected, you may: .
- Disable cookies within your browser prior to visiting our website;
- Refrain from submitting information via web forms in our website;
- Decide not to “opt-in” to various programs;
- Choose not to purchase from our online store (if applicable);
- Choose not to complete any surveys or assessments on our website.
Collection of Information
You may be visiting our website to (i) browse, (ii) submit forms, (iii) buy products and services and (iv) complete assessments. Owner collects and stores various kinds of data for varying reasons.
- Browse: If you are browsing our website, we collect information about your computer and the pages you visit in the aggregate with the exception of individual or personal information. We deploy this information for research, analysis and reports in order to optimize our navigation, page structure and content to help visitors find information more efficiently and provide more value.
- Purchase: When you make a purchase in our online store or register for coaching or seminars, we require you to create an account with us. We collect information in this account that enables us to complete your order and/or registration and streamline your purchasing process the next time you order. You can view and update this information.
- Take assessments – We collect your responses to help us improve our business based on aggregate and individual feedback. These surveys are forwarded through opt-in marketing programs or made available on our website.
What We Do With Your Information
If you provide your personal data, we may, if permitted by applicable law, use your information to:
- Seek your feedback on our products and services through surveys or otherwise
- Process a payment you have made
- Process orders you have submitted
- Carry out our obligations arising from any agreements between us
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Send you communications including activities or promotions of our products or services
- Send you newsletters, event notices and announcements
- Process a job application
(1) comply with law,
(2) enforce or apply terms of any of this membership agreement or
(3) protect the rights, property or safety of Owner, other users, or others.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Owner uses “cookie” technology in a limited way to help deliver advertisements, to identify unique browsers that visit Owner’s web site and to track usage throughout Owner’s site.
You can control and delete these cookies through your browser settings as follows:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Safari for iOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Chrome for Android
- Windows Phone
Information Accuracy and Security
Owner intends to protect your personal information and to maintain its accuracy. Owner implements reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. Owner also requires that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
We will not retain personal information longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is processed, including the security of our processing complying with legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. audit, accounting and statutory retention terms), handling disputes, and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims in the countries where we do business.
As circumstances may vary depending on the context and the services, the information provided in the online privacy statement or in a specific notice may provide more detailed information on applicable retention terms. If we process your data for marketing purposes, we will delete your data if we have not received any responses to our marketing activities for three years. The deletion will occur within six months of the three-year period.
Right to Lodge a Complaint
If you consider our processing of your personal information not to be compliant with the applicable data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint and contact us directly, providing specific details of the complaint. You may also be eligible to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority. The names and contact details of the Data Protection Authorities in the European Union is located at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
The World Academy of Personal Development, Inc.
Attn: Data Privacy Officer
4640 Admiralty Way, Suite 500
Marina del Rey, CA 90292
United States of America
Any requests described above may also be made by sending a letter to the above address. Include your contact information, preferably an e-mail address. Requests submitted by standard mail will take longer to process due to the time it takes to exchange correspondence.